We have fact sheets covering information on what is trauma, trauma and children, helping yourself and others following trauma, trauma and the military, and a PTSD treatment guide.
Pack of 20 printed factsheets.
- What is trauma? Information about how to explain trauma to children
- Trauma and children Information about how to help children recover, and how to talk with them about trauma.
- Helping yourself after a traumatic event Helpful strategies for reducing distress following a traumatic event.
- Helping children after a traumatic event Things you can do to help a child after a traumatic event.
- Helping a friend or family member after a traumatic event Things you can do to help a child after a traumatic event.
- Trauma and serving in the military What to do if you (or someone you know from the military) is not coping after a traumatic event
- About posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) What is PTSD, how it affects children, and other helpful resources.
- Treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Effective treatments for PTSD are available, and include counselling, medication, or a combination of both.